Sunday, December 21, 2008

Scriptwriter Chronicles: MEN ON THE ROAD (Part 10)

Part 10 - Intuition

Natalie steadily eats her breakfast while Jane lays her head in her hands occasionally looking up at Michelle whose eyes are fixated in mid-air shaking her head and mumbling words to herself. Jane lays her head back in her hands, when she looks up she's startled by Michelle whose staring right at her..

Jane
What?

Michelle
Something just doesn't add up here, you know

Jane
What do you want me to tell you? I'm on Cloud Nine? I'm at a content stage of my life right now? Julian is the best father and husband I could ever wish for? No Michelle those would be lies

Michelle
I wasnt refering to your marriage but while we're on the subject what exactly was in your head when you decided to use the radio?

Jane
I..I dont know

Michelle
It's one thing to vent your frustrations, but when you do it nationally and make a laughing stock out of someone you "love" you are beyond In The Wrong

Jane
Michelle, tell me something I'm not expecting to here! This is a failing situation; it's happened so we move on. Maybe the radio wasn't the best of mediums but I tell you one thing I'm not apologising for what I said, I needed to let loose

Michelle
And let loose you did

Jane takes offense and stands up instantly, she walks towards Michelle

Jane
What's wrong with you Michelle? seriously...the day I married Julian was the day you changed and ever since then I've had to put up with your negative vibes and your sly comments

Michelle stands up and walks towards Jane

Michelle
Any "change" you supposedly see is a frigment of your imagination, I'm exactly how I've always been which I cant say for most people, I KNOW there's something here that aint right

They stare at each other face to face while Natalie looks on

Jane
What makes you so sure of yourself?

Michelle
......call it female intuition

Seconds of silence while they stare each other down (no blinking)

Jane
You know what? Get out

Natalie
Whoa! Whoa!
takes another bite of toast Let's calm down girls

Michelle
Why am I getting warmer?

Jane
No because you're being a bitch!.....Like sister, Like brother

They square up only for Natalie to intervene

Natalie
Ok that's enough!! Jane there's no need for name calling, stay back. Michelle at the end of the day your friend and your brother are in a very tight patch at the moment. Don't question their love because you yourself saw them blossom from day one. Now you cool off and sit on the couch.

Michelle
I'll do one better and leave

Jane
Dejavu! Michelle picks up her things and opens the front door It's like watching a repeat, you go ahead and leave me like your brother did

Natalie and Michelle
What?

Jane
That's right, you wanna question who loves who? look at this ring on my finger and then go and check the drawer over there They all look at the drawer

Meanwhile Sebastian is racing home in his car. He looks at his watch and squirms at the time shown. He pulls out his phone and calls an acquaintance

Kim
Hello


Sebastian
Kim

Kim
Hey Baby

Sebastian
I need you to do me another favour

Kim
More destractions?

Sebastian
Please?

Kim
I don't even know where they're going

Sebastian
I have a text saying they'll be at the leisure centre, get there asap

Kim
Ok. Tell me something, Why do I keep doing this for you?

Sebastian
Because you love me and I always deliver?

Kim
Yes you do..funny question, did you take the packet of condoms from my draw?

Sebastian's eyes light up

Sebastian
Uhm. no.... Sebastian reaches into his front pocket but it's empty Oh shit!

Back at Jane's house a woman steps off the bus with two big sainsbury's bags, she smiles as she trots towards Jane's pathway, she is stopped by the hollering of the boy across the road who runs straight to her

Boy
Excuse me, a man dropped this on his way to to his car as he was coming out of the house

The boy hands over a packet of condoms to the woman much to her astonishment

Evelyn
Out of this house?.....Oh My God...That cheating Bastard!!


PART 11 COMING NEXT SUNDAY.....

8 comments so far....:

Anonymous said...

This is always engaging!!! The scandal is classic and the characters are developing nicely. I eagerly await the next one.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Am I evil in saying that Sebastian sounds like a really attractive man? lol!

Anonymous said...

Yeah this script has been a good read so far.

Anonymous said...

Just joined the script bandwagon, this is really good.

Unknown said...

i fink Sebastian is a jerk! sounds like a real womanizer boi & hw cud he do dat 2 his friend Julian!

As4 Jane, she's got issues! lol

Muffin said...

Ooh it's getting too exciting, can't wait for part 11! Jane is so not serious...if you were really determined to cheat of your husband surely you could find a more sensible candidate than one of your husband's best friends! AND to top it off she is cheating on the brother of one of her closest friends! She's just asking for trouble. As for Sebastian he should know better too! I'm with Beck:) though Sebastian does sound rather attractive, although I like Gerald best as he is super funny! Lol

Muffin said...

oops no wait Michelle isn't Julian sister, that was Julie Lol. I forgot about her!

Muffin said...

No, it is Michelle like I thought but you called her Julie once in part 7! Always confusing me! :(

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template