Thursday, March 5, 2009

An Ode To Sarcasm

"Sometimes I need what only you can provide, your absence"

It's what keeps me going everyday, it's what keeps me sane and it's certainly what keeps me laughing. Everybody raise your drinks to the delight that is sarcasm. I dont portray it that much during my blogs because I'm usually in some kinda serious mode but those who speak to me know that sarcasm is my oxygen. Its well known to be the ice-breaker in conversation and if I dont have at least 5 major outbursts of it during the day then my world is lost.



"I believe in luck: how else can you explain the success of those you don't like?"

Regardless of what's in the video above sarcasm is not something you can learn or teach, it's simply in your brains and veins. Some pick it up as soon as they're born (not true) and others pick it up at a later date after it is triggered by the stupidity or clumsiness of someone around them. If you don't have it, dont try and become sarcastic or you'll misuse it and end up alone, hurt or broke. Its only for the chosen few.



Try not to judge sarcasm by the proposed Oxford dictionary or Wikipedia definitions or you'll be under the impression that I do it to hurt people. Instead think of it as a cheeky form of address and habit that I wouldnt give up for the world. Its a form of endearment (no it aint) that I use on all. I dont do it for any reason but simply because I can. A big shout out to Louise who is the UK queen of sarcasm.

"Sarcasm is intellect on the offensive"

2 comments so far....:

Anonymous said...

lol nice quotes

Anonymous said...

lol 5 outbursts? more like 20! That video was funny.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template