Sunday, February 22, 2009

Scriptwriter Chronicles: MEN ON THE ROAD (Part 23)

Part 23 - Big Talk

Cameron, Joshua and Evelyn are eating dinner in David's kitchen. Evelyn and Josh are enjoying while Cameron's thoughts seem occupied...

Joshua
This is nice

Evelyn
Im glad you're enjoying it Josh, what about you Cameron?

Cameron
Yeah its cool thanks

Evelyn
Whats wrong?

Cameron
Nothing, nothing

Evelyn
Ok sorry Evelyn gets up to make another drink

Cameron
Nah its just I feel bad for my dad...that he was involved in that nonsense

Joshua
Well It was your fault!

Cameron
What? whispers you heard? Josh nods dont say anything, I mean it Evelyn sits back at the table

Evelyn
Aww dont say that Joshua. Cameron couldnt have prevented it even if he wanted to be at the tournament with his father. Josh shakes his head I know this is a little weird to you boys but I like your father and I hope to see alot more of him silence Uhm so, how did he split up with your mother?

Cameron
You're kinda nosy aint ya?

Evelyn
Sorry

Joshua
She ran off with another man, thats what dad said

Cameron
Josh!

Joshua
What!?! I can say it, I dont like secrets Cameron squints his eye

Evelyn
Wow Im so sorry

Joshua
Its ok. Maybe you might be what we need

Evelyn
Aww

Cameron
Oh God

Joshua
We havent seen her for 3 years, and I hate her for leaving us the room is silent as they continue eating until Evelyn stops

Evelyn
Yep I'm gonna tell them; Johsua you've inspired me today, you really have

Cameron
Tell who what?

Evelyn
There's been an act of adultery across the road and everyone needs to know for the sake of my sanity

Across the road, Jane and Natalie are situated upstairs..

Jane
This is a nuthouse, I dont know what I've gotten myself into

Natalie
I gets worse Jane and we need to think of something quick

Jane
Youre scaring me, what is it?

Natalie
Kim's boyfriend is Sebastian

Jane
What!?!

Natalie
Yes Jane begins to cry Wait Wait Wait! She just told me his name, there isnt a guarantee that it's him

Jane
Oh come on Natalie, how many Sebastians are there out there?

Natalie
There's the crab from the little mermaid and...Jane looks at her No?

Jane
No Natalie. Oh My God and they're all coming here!?! I've gotta call Julian, I've gotta call Sebastian. s*** sh** shi*!!!

Natalie
Get a hold of yourself, all is not lost. First off we need to find out if its the same Sebastian then we can act on it. Just remember my ass is on the line also

Jane
Yeah you're right, Sebastian loves me, it couldnt be the same one

Natalie
right

Jane
What about Evelyn

Natalie
What about her?

Jane
Dont pretend you didnt think she was defending me earlier, as if she knows

Natalie
Jane, Evelyn is as drunk as Michelle, do you think she'd really defend what you've been up to?

Meanwhile downstairs.....

Michelle
You alright dear?

Kim
Not at all, my boyfriend text me saying he wanted to talk, it just threw me off for a moment, I was gonna make a call but..

Michelle
Ah yes your boyfriend, tell me about him

Kim
Ah, nah I'd rather not

Michelle
It's Sebastian right?

Kim
You know him?

Michelle
You could say that

Kim
This is bugging me. We've been together nearly a year and not once has he mentioned you guys or any of your boyfriends stroke husbands

Michelle
How do you know he knows all of us?

Kim
Uhm... Jane and Nat come walking down the stairs

Michelle
Hi girls

Natalie
Hey

Michelle
Kim was just telling me about her boyfriend, you'll never guess his name

Natalie
Exactly so..

Michelle
It's Sebastian Jane drops her glass of wine

Jane
Excuse me

Kim
So you know him Natalie?

Natalie
Well I, Well I...kinda

Jane
Michelle can I talk with you for a moment please? Michelle and Jane step into the kitchen What are you doing?

Michelle
Watching Natalie squirm, its fun

Jane
Are you crazy? thats supposed to be your friend, you think she knew Sebastian was seeing someone?

Michelle
Hm, thats funny

Jane
What?

Michelle
You dont seem too surprised by it. Does Evelyn have a point about disloyalty? Was she refering to you and Natalie? I always wondered what that whole French conversation was really about..

PART 24 (The penultimate part) Next....


0 comments so far....:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template