Sunday, February 22, 2009

Scriptwriter Chronicles: MEN ON THE ROAD (Part 20)

Part 20 - Missing Pieces Pt. 1

It's the early evening and the six travellers are on their way back home on the mororway, Gerald and Sebastian are in Julian's car while Ritchie and Nadine are comfortably seated in David's car a few yards behind. Julian's car is silent and full of conflicting thoughts from all of it's members, they drive opposite the same petrol station where there was an altercation earlier which prompts conversation.

Gerald
Jules what actually happened in the car? Julian takes a deep breath

Julian
I've gotta praise God for blessing me with the UK's dumbest criminals

Sebastian
What happened?

Julian
According to them it was a case of mistaken identity and they were after someone else. Someone who doesnt have a wife and kids..

Gerald
So these dudes were actually after someone?

Julian
It appears so

Sebastian
You reckon it could be any of us?

Gerald
Yeah because the rest of us dont have a wife or kids

Julian
Thanks Gerald I was bemused by that fact until you told me. Erm, I dunno, they seemed purposeful from the moment they were in the petrol station so there's every chance it could be one of us. Gerald and Sebastian look at each other

Gerald
But who?

Julian
There lies the question mate Sebastian thinks to himself What you think Seb? Sebastian's startled

Sebastian
Huh? erm...probably Ritchie, you know he's had some crazy girls in his bed before, they probably got an older brother to come and do some damage

Julian
True but that's just too easy, they're crazy but I know Ritchie would be able to trace steps

Sebastian
So what you tryna say?...it's one of us?

Julian
Honestly? I dunno, thinking about it's making my head hurt. The whole situation, this whole day has been..

At Jane's House....

Cameron
Crazy! Cameron and Kim hold their heads in shock in Jane's kicthen

Kim
Oh....My....God. I cant believe this

Cameron
I know. I f***** up, how did my dad get involved in this?

Kim
What I wanna know is how everybody here knows everyone else!!

Cameron
All I know is that the woman I came with (Evelyn) is trying to get with my dad and she's close friends with all the other girls here. Some Sex and The City type s***

Kim
Yeah but I heard her mention names, who's Gerald? who's Julian? You reckon one of those was the guy they got by mistake?

Cameron
Maybe, I, probably

Kim
Where are those guys now?
Cameron
Ah crap, they went to the tournament to get the "job" done, I gotta tell them to scrap it

Kim

This is messed up, I gotta call my sister

Cameron
What do you want to call..

Back in Julian's car...

Julian
Nadine

Sebastian
What about her? Gerald turns back at Sebastian with a grin

Gerald
Yeah what about her? Sebastian stares back baffled

Julian
Maybe Im reading too much into things

Gerald
It's good to read, it builds intellect and imagination

Julian
Imagine shutting up Gerald, how about that?

Gerald
There goes those quivering lips

Julian
Her personal statement or account whatever was too short for my liking, seemed strange to me; it's like she purposely made it short to defend something, someone

Gerald
What like one of us?

Julian
No like the dudes with the guns. Like I said I read too much into things. I just wanna go home to my....

Back in Jane's kitchen...

Cameron
Wife!!

Kim
Shh..yes

Cameron
So what about the others?

Kim
Everyone is coupled up except Nadine's tutor. I'm in the house of the wife and girlfriend of the guys you stupid ass friends got by mistake

Cameron
So Sebastian knows everyone here?

Kim
Yes! and she knows who Seb is sleeping with but her phone just cut off when she was about to tell me. I need to get through to her

Cameron
Thats good news right? Kim nods as she paces up and down I cant get over my dad being involved, I never knew or even saw the people in this house before today. I need to call my dad

Kim
Listen dont tell him nothing. If we can cut all ties pointing to us and Nadine confirms to me who this woman it is then it works out for the better

As Cameron prepares to call his father a draft of air comes through; the kitchen door is slightly open with Joshua on the other side who has been listening to the conversation all along....

PART 21 continues in simultaneous time...

0 comments so far....:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template