Sunday, January 11, 2009

Scriptwriter Chronicles: MEN ON THE ROAD (Part 14)

Part 14 - Conflicts Of Morals

Well on their way to the tournament, Nadine and the boys sit comfortably in Julian's Ford Focus. As he speeds down the motorway there's an air of silence; the male faces are covered in annoyed expressions apart from Ritchie who is sporting a wide grin. Nadine looks around and senses she is an unwelcome guest on the journey. Ritchie puts his arm round her and she rolls her eyes as she begins to ease the tension in the car...


Nadine
So....Football The boys roll their eyes Yeah..... still ignored Ok so I'm gathering Ritchie supports Arsenal because of his top, Gerald who do you support?

Gerald
Glad you asked, Im pretty fond of Liverp....Julian glares at him erm Liverpool

Nadine
Wow me too!! Julian switches on the radio and gradually turns the volume up I absolutely love Gerrard I think I'd go aS FAR AS SAYING HE'S THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD!!!!

Gerald
Sorry what!?! Nadine reaches to turn Julian's volume down

Nadine
I said I think he's the best player in the world

Julian
Dont ever touch my radio...ever. And behave yourself, Steven Gerrard is overatted

Nadine
Wow someone's a little uptight

Ritchie
Nevermind him whispers in her ear female problems

Julian

I do not have female problems alright? alright

Nadine
Why is your lip quivering?

Gerald
That's what I've been sayin
g? She's genius!!

Julian Would you ju
st shut up with the lip? please!

Nadine
So what's wrong?.....Silence

Ritchie
He's having a problem with longevity


Nadine & Sebastian
Woooooooow

Julian
Is today one of those days where my business is breaking news worldwide?

Ritchie
It's nothing to be ashamed of. We've all had shortcomings

Julian
Hey I have an idea!! How about a subject change? Would we like that? Yes marvellous. Sebastian and Nadine how do you two no each
other?

Ritchie and Gerald
Yeah

Sebastian stutters bu
t is thankfully interrupted by a call. The called ID reads "Kim"

Nadine
You gonna answer that? Sebastian ignores her so she takes the phone off him, a
nswers and puts her hand in his face Hey Kim....Yeah my battery died because of you.....yeah......Oh No! my french lesson I forgot. Could you call her and say it's cancelled?......Thanks....Oh yeah ok. Gives the phone to Sebastian She wants to speak to you

Sebastian ends the phone call and pretends to speak

Sebastian
Yeah, ok...we'll talk later. He switches off his phone

Meanwhile at Jane's house, The girls are still discussing Jane and Julian's argument while watching "Loose Women" on TV...

Michelle
A relationship works both ways, I'm not taking my brother's side at all, he's an asshole. But there must of been something from your side that didn't add up either

Jane

Nothing, nothing at all. I mean we argued but thats part and parcel of married life, I dont need to tell you that. He just made everything an extreme case

Michelle
Kinda like you did this morning with the radio?

Jane
No kinda like he did with the wedding ring

Michelle
I'm going to the restroom I'll be back goes upstairs

Natalie
Sometimes things work out for the best. This break is probably needed, to see what else is out there f
or you

Evelyn
Do you hear yourself Natalie? They have a family together. You cant just move on like that, make things work Pause Relationships involve trust and loyalty. Although trust and loyalty seems to be an issue here

Jane and Natalie look at each other while Evelyn looks at her jacket pocket (condoms inside)

Jane
What do you mean?

Evelyn
Lets just say I sense unfaithfulness but we'll talk about that later Jane and Natalie look confused as Evelyn turns up the volume on the TV. They whisper to each other

Natalie
Pensez-vouz qu'elle connait Sebastian? (Do you think she knows about Sebastian?)

Jane
Non, il ne peut pas etre (No it can't be) Michelle walks down the stairs

Michelle
Did you guys just say Sebastian?......

PART 15 & 16 THIS SUNDAY!!

2 comments so far....:

Anonymous said...

Not as long as some of the other parts but engaging nevertheless. I eagerly await the next parts of the series.

Anonymous said...

Oh My God!!!! Natalie KNOWS!!!! i like the way you gave us a short part so we want more....roll on 15 and 16! good job!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template